Friday, March 2, 2012

What happens if I uninstall Sims 2 University from my computer?

Im thinking about uninstalling Sims 2 University and just playing Sims 2 without it. See what happens is, I close all my background programs and I play Sims for like an hour and then it starts running slow, and the graphics are messed up and everything. Ive heard that if you uninstall your expansion packs your game will run faster. Is this correct? And what happens if I uninstall it? Will it be like I never played the game at all? :b Help?What happens if I uninstall Sims 2 University from my computer?
If you uninstall university then any neighborhood that you have played university with will no longer work without it. If you want to keep your neighborhood, custom content, custom music, custom folders. Then i suggest that you backup the sims 2 folder in my documents



C:\Documents and Settings\.......\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 As that folder gets affected when you uninstall a expansion pack.



This way if you want to return to the sims 2 University then you can put your old neighborhood back in.



Also it unlikely that one expansion pack would really slow down your game. Things that tend to slow the game down are, expansion packs (usually more than one) custom content (this can be a biggie) lots of character files in your neighborhood.



If you have a lot of characters in your neighborhood (over 500) and you don't want any more then i suggest you download notownieregen at moreawesomethanyouWhat happens if I uninstall Sims 2 University from my computer?
Well, this happened to me, as well. I used to have Apartment Life, and I really didn't like it and thought it was screwing up my game. I un-installed it, and it didn't affect the running speed for me. But, it did delete all my families, houses, and custom content. I didn't like THAT, but other than that it's fine.



I'm not sure if the same thing will happen to you, because I used EA download manager to install and un-install my game. So, it's up to you. I think its a greater possibility that it runs slow because of your computer, not the game. But, I don't have University. Is it a lot of MB's? Or GB's? I remember Apartment life was like, 500. So it could be. Hope this helps you! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment